Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Little Pend Oreille Weekend (by Kat)


Our daughter safely stowed away with her friend for the weekend, we skedaddled away from home and ended up in the Little Pend Oreille National Wildlife Refuge.

Wow.

The first evening found us on Bailey Lake. As the sun set, we were in our t-shirts and perfectly warm. Out on the lake, which is a pond, really, a North American river otter swam back and forth. See it's tail up in the air? I haven't been able to figure out what the purpose of that was. If anyone knows why an otter would swim around for so long with it's tail up in the air, please tell me! I need to know!


Here's the very last picture of the evening. The lake appeared to be on fire. I've never seen anything like it. I want to go back and see it again...

No comments:

Post a Comment