Monday, November 2, 2009

Crochet Redux (by Kat)

So, it shouldn't come as any surprise that my learning to crochet from a book isn't a stellar success story...yet.

The previous dishcloth that I thought was a successful rendition of the double crochet stitch, was in fact a successful rendition of something I'll just call the spastic stitch.

I tried again, and this time I think I have it, folks.

I give you my new masterpiece, double crochet on a pumpkin:

It's squarer, it's sturdier, it's far more consistent from row to row.

It also used up the last of my ball of yarn. I need to get some more soon, as I want to figure out the seed stitch.

On a completely unrelated note, if you haven't seen Transformers 2, please don't. It ties with Doogal as the absolute worst movie I've ever seen. The only positive quality it possessed was that it in no way interfered with my crocheting.

And for a third random bit, I finished The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society last night. AWESOME book, folks, just awesome! I'm going to give Bet a chance to read it and then we'll have ourselves our first little giveaway!

That's it. I'm off to the store for some more yarn. Stay warm, and enjoy this last little bit of fall!

No comments:

Post a Comment