Sunday, December 20, 2009

Grateful (by Bet)



The past three weeks have flown by.  The weeks were not filled with the usual Christmas craziness, but by the normal, regular routine my family lives by-- we swim, play soccer, go to school, practice Tae Kwon Do and the recorder.  Now that school is out for winter break it is time for me to get down to the business of Christmas.  Instead of getting caught up in the normal rush to get things, I have decided to spend time being grateful.  For the five nights sleeps we have until Christmas Day, I hope to share with you what I am most grateful for at the moment.

Today I am grateful for the good folks at the Winter Hospitality Outreach.  In our area it is a group of churches that band together to help out those who are homeless and don't have alternative shelter during the cold of the winter months.  I had the privelege of spending eight hours there a few weeks ago and learned how dedicated these individuals are.  At the same time I am grateful for those moms out there who manage to be amazing moms even when they have no homes.  I have a hard enough time doing so with a home and a steady food supply.

What are you grateful for today?

1 comment:

  1. I'm grateful for the family that made the delicious spicy chicken tamales I'm eating right now. This same family is giving my son a set of bunk beds and a laptop. A more generous bunch I've never met!

    ReplyDelete