Sunday, December 27, 2009

Random Notables (by Bet)



This was my "Christmas Corner" the morning of Christmas day.  I'm basically too lazy to do much more than a corner.  Note the Starbucks mug on the table.  It is filled with hot chocolate and peppermint schnapps.  Always a must for me at 3 AM Christmas morn.  Well, maybe every morning, but I don't get to indulge with that work and kid thing going on most days.


This is the prime rib that we ate for dinner.  The important thing to note here is that I have upcycled the forms Kat and I used to make cannoli into a nice new rack for our meat to rest on. It worked perfectly and will be put to work one more time this evening.


This is the batter (and grease) for the Æbleskivers that I finally made after Kat made me pine for them one afternoon. 


I had been looking for a pan for almost fifteen years when one appeared at a small local bizarre.  The dealer had no idea the treasure I had found for $7.00.  They thought it was for eggs.  I also got a sling shot that same day for my small boy on the premise that he would only shoot marshmallows, not Bakugans.  You can imagine how that actually went down Christmas morning.  Note the bubbles in the batter. When the bubbles burst I knew it was time to try to turn them over.


This is what they looked like before they disappeared into my husband's mouth.  The thing to note is how nicely brown they appear to be.   Nothing ever really looks this way.  I might have hidden the plate of o-so-slightly burnt ones in the oven.

Hope your after-holiday festivities have been as non-productive as mine have been.  On the other hand, is spending time playing Dance, Dance Revolution with your daughter and building Legos with your son really non-productive?

1 comment:

  1. Yay and hooray for aebleskivers!
    I hope you guys had a great time. Did you lose your phone again?
    ~Kat

    ReplyDelete